Random musings of a grammar nerd

Monday, September 26, 2005

"Shut up! Shut up! I cannot believe you are not shutting up!"

to my neighbor whose car alarm wouldn't stop going off at 6:30 and 6:40 and 6:45 and 7:05 (stopped & started 3x) and 7:10 (2x & counting) this morning:

"If I ruled the world
I would dream up inventions.
I'd throw out the rules,
disregard all convention.
I'd make the world peaceful,
happy and bright
so all of us
would sleep much better at night.

"First thing I'd demand
would be a car alarm
easy to install
but hard to disarm.
It would be silent on streets
and parking lots, instead
it would only go off
in the car owner's bed."

~Christine Lavin, "If I Ruled The World"

1 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger David said…

    Situations like this are what I gave you all those chemicals for ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home