Random musings of a grammar nerd

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Got to Kansas City on a Friday



...well, actually a Thursday, but I didn't think Rogers & Hammerstein would like me altering the Oklahoma lyrics for my little blog.

I spent last weekend in Kansas City, visiting my boyfriend Dave. Also at the Dave House were his once-and-current roommate Mustang and Mustang's girlfriend FCC@V. It was quite the house party! I got to feed my craving for KC BBQ at Gates, go to Mustang's sister's wedding (where Dave graciously consented to go beyond his comfort zone and dance a couple of fast dances with me), and visit Union Station. Dave & I had our first date there last November, and it was wonderful to go back there with him again. We met under the clock pictured above, and spent the next 6 hours or so talking. It was a pretty perfect first date, even with the irritating bagpiper that showed up later to annoy us both. But we even bonded over our dislike for bagpipes. We're looking forward to going back when I visit in December, when all the holiday decorations will be up.

But all in all, it was a wonderful weekend in KC, and as expected, very hard to leave. But it was nice to find out, when I finally got home 2 1/2 hours later than planned due to stupid plane delays and a highway accident, that my mischevious and occasionally diabolical cat had mostly behaved herself while I was gone. She did spend the next hour meowing loudly at me, probably yelling at me for abandoning her.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for staying at The Dave House! :) It was such a great weekend. Let's do it again!

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Em said…

    It was a fantastic weekend! FCC@V, I had such a nice time meeting you and Mustang. I won't be there for Thanksgiving but I'll be back some time in December TBA. You'll be there around Thanksgiving, right? Any plans to be back in December? When is your Cedar Point trip?

     
  • At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mustang is coming down (or is it over?) next Tues (so in just a few short days!). On Friday morning of next week we will head out to Cedar Point for the weekend. My sister, brother-in-law (Walking Eagle), and nephew (Crawling Eagle) all live near there so I think we will be visiting them too! I am not sure when we will head back to the big V - I think plans are for the following Tues.

    I will be out there from the Thursday night to Mon prior to Thanksgiving. Yay fun!

    December is still very much up in the air. I don't know my own calendar yet, let alone if there is any time convenient for Mustang.

    It was definitely good to meet you and Dave as well! :)

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Em said…

    Thank you so much for the card, FCC@V. It was such a lovely surprise! Dave did share the link to the pictures. I think Cara might've gotten the nicest one of the 4 of us- in the one on my camera, you're blinking & Mustang's got a goofy look on his face, and in the one you've got, Dave is kissing my cheek and I've got a goofy look on my face. Both fun pics, but I'm looking forward to Dave getting the pics from Cara too. The shadow pics of you & Mustang were really cool- how did you take them?

    Have fun at Cedar Point! That was the park we always went to when I was a kid; my cousins & grandma don't live too far away, so we'd go to the park & stay overnight with them. I haven't been in several years, but I liked the Mean Streak and the Iron Dragon (an older one, but the first real roller coaster I'd ever been on). My mom loves the Gemini but I thought it was way too bumpy & jerky. But lots of other fun rides, too.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As far as your picture is concerned, that is probably the look that Mustang has on his face all the time. :) I think mine was kind of fun, and it is the only one I have of you and Dave that even remotely turned out.

    If you want the full blown copies of any of the photographs, just let me know. Either I can send them to you via the boys, or I can be more direct as Dave has given me your e-mail.

    The shadow pictures were kind of fun - something I have never tried before, nor really seen done. I just kept the camera at my side and photographed the ground. Very experimental, but I liked the results. (te he!)

    I hope CP is all that y'all say it is. I have never been, but am getting excited about it for sure.

    When I get the chance I will try to give you some more ideas for Halloween based on the events of this past weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home